The Online Certificate provides theoretical and practical tools to all people working with vulnerable populations in order to adequately serve these groups. Some skills that will be developed are the following: observing, listening, interview techniques, self-care, and team care, among others. In addition to an in-depth analysis of the psychosocial challenges that arise in the global panorama of 2023.
You will interact with participants from different regions of Mexico, the United States, Central, South America, and Europe who work with migrants in transit, asylum seekers, and forced displacement.
The 9th Edition of the Online Certificate in Psychological First Aid for Migrants, Refugees, and Displaced Persons “For a dignifying human mobility and community integration".
In this Online Certificate we will share a space for the exchange of shelter experiencies from an approach that promotes self - care of the teams, the strengthening of accompaniment and intervention tools, as well the strengthening of a vision of human rights, which also emphasizes the practices of Local Integration.
● Identify the migration and refugee process in the region, emphasizing the opportunities for improvement concerning the defense of human rights and accompaniment of migrants, refugees, and displaced persons.
● Provide psychological tools to face the different implications of migration, asylum, and forced displacement in the current context.
● Identify the risk behaviors of migrants, refugees, and displaced persons from an intersectional human rights perspective, to channel them to specialized care services.
● Building a culture of self-care and caring for the teams that work with the migrant, displaced, and refugee community (especially children, adolescents, and women).
● Make visible the construction of the social system that has been built through humanitarian networks to develop a new human rights agenda from the perspective of solidarity and empathy.
General Context and Psychological tools aimed at migrants, refugees, and displaced persons in a transit country.
Human Rights of Migrants, Refugees and Displaced Personas, and the Institutions that Defend Them.
Collective Care to Strengthen Accompaniment Processes and Interventions for Migrants, Refugees, and Displaced Persons.
Tools for Basic Psychological Intervention to Strengthen Care Institutions for Migrants, Refugees and Displaced Persons.
Social Integration in the Communities.
The Certificate is a course taught in a blended mode, that is, some activities require attention "in real-time" and some others may be carried out online with previously established deadlines and with a minimum of weekly dedication, but according to the time that the participants can dedicate to it.
On Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:00 p.m. at 6:00 p.m. – Central Mexico Time – classes will be held in real time with an expert teaching staff in migration.
* We recommend that people connect during class and live conversations.
The rest of the week, collaborative activities (forums, videos, practical cases, readings, etc.) will be carried out through a virtual learning platform monitored by expert facilitators in migration and virtual tutoring.
The forms of participation in the classes are the following:
Online: Connect on the date and time indicated to follow the class from a computer and carry out the virtual live activities (following the indications of the Certificate staff).
Offline: It is possible to follow up the classes in an “on demand” format, that is, to allow people to access the classes (after their real-time version), at the moment they request it, and view them online from their devices.
Who is the Certificate for:
• Civil society.
• Human rights defenders.
• People in the public function at different levels.
• Members of international organizations.
• Diplomatic corps.
• Members of academic institutions.
• Social leaders.
• People interested in the topic.
With the people having access to the didactic material of the Certificate (calendar, delivery dates, readings, and learning activities), they can decide their study rhythm, taking into account various aspects such as the place and the time to take the classes or make the activities.
●The contents for synchronous (classes) and asynchronous activities (forums, readings, videos, etc.) are designed to promote the participation of all participants through spaces to encourage dialogue and the construction of meaningful learning by building a bridge between the previous knowledge and the new knowledge.
● The Certificate favors the exploration, inquiry, production, and exchange of knowledge to appropriate the knowledge and in the future share it.
People will reflect on the multiple topics provided, relating them to their reality. To do this, different resources are used to develop the Certificate. Here are some of them:
● Educational platform for the Certificate: it is the most important resource for the development of content and asynchronous activities throughout the course.
● Videoconference transmission program: It is a learning environment that facilitates the interaction between the headquarters and the people connected online, allowing communication, learning, and the development of activities in real-time during the synchronous phase of the Certificate.
● Readings and videos: they facilitate the understanding of the contents of the Certificate, being adapted and systematized exclusively for people according to their professional profiles.
● The participant's guide: contains the information necessary to organize the study throughout the Certificate. It presents the general data, the Manual of the platforms, the explanation of the contents and the academic calendar, as well as the communication, collaboration, and evaluation activities.
Basic knowledge of computing and use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
Fill out the registration form.
It is suggested to have a gmail account, to facilitate communication.
Commit to comply with the schedules and activities established in the Certificate.
Make the respective bank deposit.
1st payment of $100 by July 31, 2023.
2nd payment of $75 by August 15, 2023.
3rd payment of $75 by August 30, 2023.
25% discount for mental health promoters
Registration deadline: July 31, 2023.
Steps to enroll
2.- Make the payment.
3. Send the digital file of your identification and proof of payment here (only if you have gmail, it will ask you to open your session). You can also send the files to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: regardless of the method of payment, please send a photo or a scan of it.
1. Payment via paypal and / or by Credit Card:
2. Bank transfer or deposit to the following account:
Iniciativa Ciudadana PCD, A. C
Bank: Banco Nacional de México, S. A (Banamex)
Branch office: 844
For tax deductible receipt
Puente Ciudadano, A. C
Bank: Banco Nacional de México, S. A (Banamex)
Branch office: 5999
We will send you a welcome email with the necessary instructions to start the Certificate, depending on the modality in which you have registered in the next 5 business days after the end of your registration. If you have any questions, please write to email@example.com